This beautiful recipe has been created by Maggie Bear and is the perfect family treat.
Prep-Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Setting Time: 4 hours
1 packet Carême Sour Cream
150g caster sugar
180g egg yolks (approximately 10 free-range eggs)
80ml lemon juice
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
300ml double cream
300ml thickened or single cream
100g egg whites
200g caster sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven on Intensive Bake at 160°C with a baking tray placed on shelf position 1.
2. Roll the sour cream pastry into a round sheet approximately 3mm thick then line a greased loose based flan tin (approximately 20cm x 5cm), allow the edge of the pastry to come above the tin by 5mm.
3. Dock the pastry evenly with a fork and place into the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
4. Beat the sugar, yolks, lemon juice and grated zest until smooth and the sugar has dissolved.
5. Mix together the double and single cream then fold into the lemon mixture, leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow any large bubbles to settle.
6. Pour the lemon mixture into the pastry lined tin and place into the oven on the pre-heated tray.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, the custard filling should be partially set with a firm enough crust to hold the meringue.
8. To prepare the meringue topping: use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites to soft peaks on medium speed, approximately 3-5 minutes. While mixing, gradually add the caster sugar and continue to whisk until a thick stable meringue has formed, then using a spatula fold in the cornflour.
9. Remove the tart from the oven and spoon on the meringue topping, starting around the edges working towards the middle.
10. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the meringue is evenly browned and custard is set with a slight wobble, the internal temperature should be between 80°C- 85°C if reading with a food thermometer.
11. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature in the tin on a wire rack.
12. When set enough to handle, carefully remove the tart from the tin and return to the wire rack to cool completely, allowing 3-4 hours depending on the temperature in the room. The filling should be set and have the consistency of ripe brie.
1. Using a hot knife - slice into equal portions and serve with crème fraîche
Planning some weekend baking during lockdown? Then look no further. This delicious cookie recipe not only tastes amazing - but is super easy to make! This recipe will make 35 biscuits - so plenty to share...
This delicious home made recipe is super easy to make whilst at home. You can add toppings of your choice, making it the perfect recipe for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a tasty treat!
We hope you enjoy making this wonderful recipe from Miele. Don't forget to let us know if you make it by commenting or sharing our blog.
This super healthy and easy to follow recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. It's rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals - which are all great for the immune system.
Ingredients (serves 2)
You will also need